The last of the leaves are slipping from the trees around my house. There is still that glow of autumn, but the sky looks like winter. November is settling in, and that means it is time for one of my favorite things, GreaThings!
GreaThings is special to me. I love taking time to really celebrate thankfulness. It’s a wonderful way to enter the holiday season with a heart that is already filled with how many blessings I already have. And I look forward to celebrating and creating an epidemic of thankfulness with all of you all year long!
If you are just reading about GreaThings for the very first time, check out this page that tells the history and exactly what GreaThings is all about.
Are you ready to get started? Here’s a little bit about how GreaThings is going to look this year.
What’s New in GreaThings in 2015
It’s hard to believe that it has been eight years since the original GreaThings debuted into the web. So much has changed in eight years. We’ve all grown into different, busy seasons. And the very face of blogging has changed a lot since 2007. It makes sense that GreaThings would need to grow and change as well. A fresh look at our old tradition is in order.
I wanted a way to blend the traditional blog-tour of gratefulness and the modern world of hashtags and instagram pictures. I wanted something that could inspire blog posts for those of us who want to write a little bit more in depth, but would also work across all of the popular social media platforms of today. I wanted something fresh and fun, but still all about thankfulness.
I decided to do a fresh twist on the original theme. Last year, I came up with a plan…and then I failed to pull it off. So this year, I want to introduce you Meet the new face of the #GreaThings Gratitude Challenge!
In the style of the fun photo challenges that I’ve enjoyed myself, I took some of the most popular prompts from each of the past 8 years and turned them into this little graphic. It seemed like a fitting way to kick off our 8th year of filling the internet with thankfulness. I can’t wait to do this with you guys!
A couple little notes about the challenge
- #GreaThings 2015 starts on November 8 and runs through Thanksgiving Day.
- Instead of 21 days, we’re doing just 14 days this year. This would be because after being sick all last week, I didn’t have time to write this post in time to do our usual 21 days.
- You can use the prompts to blog, or simply join in on your favorite Social Media platform. Just be sure to use the hashtag #GreaThings on all social media platforms and tag @beautifu1_wp474 if you join in on instagram or twitter so I can find you!
- If you do blog, please leave links to your posts in the comments. I’d be thrilled to read along!
- You don’t have to stick to my prompts if you don’t want to. Do the ones you want to, make up your own. Make #GreaThings your very own, and just have fun with it!
- Please DO share this challenge with anyone you think might be interested! You can save either the GreaThings 2015 graphic or the Free Gratitude Challenge Graphic by right clicking and “saving as” to a location on your device or computer.
Have an idea for next year? I’m all ears! Comment or email me. I’d love to hear from you.
Now, are you ready to get started? Let’s go!