There’s a magnet on my fridge that says “Either find a way or make a way”.
That quote has been one of my life’s mottos as I’ve fought my way through long stretches of unexpected unemployment, bad jobs that barely paid the bills, and the hard work that has gone building a Virtual Assistant business from the ground up in pursuit of my lifelong dream of working from home.
Just before our first child was born, I did one of the scariest things for us. I quit my “real job” and launched my business as a Virtual Assistant and Social Media Manager. Working from home has always been my dream. It’s been a long journey that has included hours of hard work, moments of panic and a lot of tears. I haven’t arrived, and to be honest, I hope that I’ll always be learning and growing and finding new things to expand my skills with. We’ve lived frugally on one income while I grow my business and develop income streams. And now we are making plans to replace my husband’s income so he can leave the 9-5 rat race and work with me at home. I know that this is not just a dream anymore, it’s our future. And if we can do this, so can you!
This blog is my little corner from which I share my stories. From encouragement for hard times, stories about surviving unemployment, tips about working from home and glimpses into my life as a work at home full time mom to glimpses into my lifetime love affair with reading and books and my delight in beautiful food made at home– it is my hope that you will be inspired to reach for your big dreams, to live intentionally and gratefully, do what you love and to never, ever give up looking for joy in ordinary places.
Every day may not be good, but there’s something good about every day. –Alice Morse Earle
Get the Most out of Beautiful Song
- Want to read more about Working from Home? Check out these posts. You can also join my group for work at home or self-employed women here.
- Want to hire me? Check out my site here for more information about my services and rates and send me a message!
- Looking for some encouragement about Surviving Unemployment or other difficult seasons? Read more here.
- Want to see what I’m reading? Have a look at my bookshelf! (Warning: We read a lot of children’s books these days!) You can also check out my annual reading challenge or join the reading group I host on facebook.
- Need Cooking Inspiration? See what’s cooking here. (P.S Definitely not a chef, but I do have a love affair with food.) You see what’s on our plates and how much I love taking pictures of food) by following along on instagram with #brankshireseat.
Facts about Me
I’m Chantel. My name means Beautiful Song, and I want my life to reflect that. I’m just an ordinary girl. My life is filled with a lot of everyday kind of living, but I like to think that the ordinary is what makes it so wonderful.
- I’ve lived in lots of beautiful places [Alaska, Colorado, Northern Idaho, Tennessee!]
- I’m married to my sweetheart, and a full-time work at home mama.
- I enjoy good books, new words, fireflies, gardening and just doing nothing in particular with my family.
- I want to own a blueberry farm one day. I’ll probably eat half of the berries myself, though.
I share little pieces of life on @cbrankshire and on facebook.
Pin or share the quote that is my motto!
Find me and my occasional scribbles at the blogs I contribute to.
Guest Posts of Note