Originally started by Abigail (Paul) Westbrook in November of 2007, GreaThings is little tradition that happens each November here on beautifulsong.com. It is one of my favorite parts of blogging each autumn!
I love reading about all the greaThings you share each year. It is a perfect opportunity to put life into the perspective of gratitude, and to identify our blessings, even the ones that looked like raindrops.
Join us again this year for two weeks giving thanks and tinting the internet with the color of gratitude.
We have so much to be thankful for, but we often let the crazy, busy moments of everyday life distract us from developing that attitude of gratitude that we should be nurturing. GreaThings is about taking time to purposefully, and publicly thank God for specific blessings that He has given us. It is about learning to look back and see His hand both in the good days and the not so good days. It a privilege to be thankful, and this is an exercise to help form habits of intentionally counting your blessings every day.
When & Where
For twenty-one days preceding American Thanksgiving day, a small group of friends join together to take a look over the year that has just past and thank God for some of the blessings — the “great things” — that He has done and is doing in each one of our lives. It is a perfect opportunity to put life into the perspective of gratitude, and to identify our blessings…even the ones that looked like raindrops. GreaThings will be hosted on BeautifulSong.Com again this year.
This year, 2014, it will start on November 7th and go through the 27nd. Mark your calenders!
How it’s Done
There are lots of ways you can participate. Here’s a few ideas. Pick which one works best for you!
- If you have a blog, feel free to follow this original schedule suggestion, and link up your landing post on this years’ GreaThings link up so others can join in and follow along! (for an example of a landing page, check out this intro post to the 31 days series I did a few years ago.)
- If you don’t have a blog, or don’t want to write daily posts, you can leave a comment on my posts with what you are thankful for!
- Or if you’d like, join in on your favorite social media platform! Be sure to use the hastag, #greaThings, so we can all follow along and be blessed by all the praises.
Who it’s For
Being grateful isn’t something that’s restricted to November or to those who celebrate American Thanksgiving day. Thanksgiving is for every one, no matter what latitude or longitude we happen to call home. We’ve all been blessed, so let’s all join in this month of taking time out to be intentional in thanking God for all that He’s done for us this year. It isn’t restricted to bloggers, or tweeters (although it makes it more fun if there are lots of us doing this together!). Join in however works for you, wherever you are.
GreaThings of 2014
- Introduction Post (with link up for your landing pages!)
GreaThings in the Past
Extras bits and pieces
- Original introduction post by Abigail
- Thankful All Year Long
- click here for all posts tagged “greaThings”
Get the Button
If you’d like to use the images in your sidebar or on your blog or webpage somewhere, right click and save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog.