Sometimes I can’t believe it is actually summer already. I can’t believe that the newness of spring has slipped into the comfortable, long evenings of mid summer. I think just about everyone that I know, myself included, is either in the middle of summer excitement and company or looking forward to it. Between the craziness, I’m trying to snap a few pictures to remember these days by.
I’m not a photography pro, but I know some of you are, and when I got an email about Shutterfly’s Long Live Summer Photo Contest on Facebook, I decided it was worth sharing. I really love shutterfly’s products and this time they’re offering a pretty big prize to a photographer who captures the essence of summer in the next five weeks. Here’s the details they sent me:
Long Live Summer – Facebook Photo Contest details (US residents only) 7/9 – 8/12
Multi-week summer themed photo sweepstakes with instant win prizes.
Win a trip for four to The Bahamas and a professional photo shoot so you’ll remember your vacation forever. All you need to do is upload your favorite photo and caption based on the theme of the week. Get a gift from Shutterfly just for entering! You can enter at any point during the 5-week sweepstakes period.
• Week 1(7/9): Americana
• Week 2 (7/16): Great Outdoors
• Week 3 (7/23): Water Fun
• Week 4 (7/30): Sports & Activities
• Week 5 (8/6): Parties & Celebrations
• Instant win prizes just for submitting a photo!
• Weekly prizes (contestants can enter one time/week)
• Weekly featured photos: up to 5 weekly entries will be selected from the gallery and featured on the Facebook fan page.
• Grand prize: trip for 4 to Bahamas, 4 nights, family photo shoot
If you want to enter, head over to the shutterfly page and try your hand at a capturing this summer. Good luck!